Re: front brakes and rotor warpage - long one!

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 18:07:40 EDT

Mine were slightly warped at 45,000 miles. Since I do my own brake work, I
had them turned/machined down. This cured the problem until about 2 months
ago, at about 120,000 miles, when they warped again, probably cause they
were thin. I think that is damn good to get 120,000 miles out of the factory
rotors. I did get about 115,000 out of the factory drums also. I bought a
pair, yes a pair, for a mere $55 and they are fine. Stock caliper on the
driver's side and recently(about 6 months ago), I replaced a leaking
passenger's side. I have had very very little problems with the braking
system on my Dak. Guess they just dont build em like they used to!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6; 126,000 miles