Re: Gap for 3924s?

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 07:18:54 EDT

In a message dated 7/20/00 11:32:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tigers@bserv.com writes:

<< With the factory recommended 0.040" gap for '97+ and stock ignition,
 the general rule would mean a 0.035" for performance and 0.045" for
 economy.

 I am running the 3923s at 0.035" because I run at the track but
 they work well for me for street/hiway driving as well. The
 3923s are one range colder (dissipates heat from the tips quicker
 when running at the track) than the 3924s but the aforemention
 gaps would apply as well.

 These are all guidelines. Specific motors may require 'tuning'
 the gap depending on results after driving. >>

Bob

A couple of comments. I use the stock Champions, always have. Mine being a 93
had a recommended gap of .035 NOS recommended stock plugs at .030. I have the
MSD Blaster 3 coil and the MSD 6A but only use the 6A while on the juice. I
do run the coil both stock and with the MSD 6A. I am using a .042 or .045 gap
with very good results on the track. I can't check the gas mileage as I race
most Wed nites and only put in 5 gal at a time. My observation is that with
just the coil (on stock plugs) I was able to widen the gap with good results.
I never tiried this with stock coil though Have you ried widening the gap to
.045 or os on yours and run at the track ?

Bill