Re: RE: Re: I want a cam

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 07:48:35 EDT

In a message dated 7/20/00 1:12:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-wts.com writes:

<< Ditto! You should degree any cam you install. As far as associated
 componentry? >>

I debated on degreeing the cam when I put mine in but decided I should do it
and took the extra time. Actually it took a lot of extra time as I changed to
the double roller timing chain at the same time and it turned out that the
sprockets that came with the chain were not made right, I could not even get
close to degreeing the cam properly. The extra time came into play when I
rechecked it several times thinking I had done something wrong. I tried a
tooth either side of the "dot to dot" line up, no way could I get it even
close. Took it back got another (went to better grade too) and it lined up
perfectly. I would not touch a cam without degreeing it !!!!

Bill