Apexi Fuel Computer

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 13:40:47 EDT

Well, got some bad new.

I contacted XS Engineering (who's been working on the pinout and
compatibility with our systems for the last few months) and the final answer
is: Nope, it won't work without reprogramming the actual Apexi Computer.
This means that it has to go back to Japan and the engineers need to repgram
the entire system for the Dodge OBD-II System (total
engineering/reprogramming costs of up to $50K for this...and i'm not paying
that). It's not the actual system, but rather the sensors not working
properly...mainly the MAP sensor.

Sooooo....off I go to find an alternative. (I've heard through the
grapevine that Edelbrock is working on something like this for our trucks
but I need to confirm it with a phone call to an internal contact.) I'll
keep you all posted on the status...

- Bernd