Re: RE: Snapped a bolt, need some help

From: Tom Carey (bljack@fgi.net)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 19:52:24 EDT

I am pretty much in agreement here but I would suggest vice grips. The bolt did
break off and there was a reason. You may have crossed the threads when
reinstalling it but I hope this is not that the case. If this does not work you
will have to go with the easy out unless you can get something on a portion of
the remaining bolt and work out out by rotating. One way that works many times
is to use a screw drive and tap on it. All the answers I have seen are good
but it all depends on your bolt and where the head broke off.

Regards,

Tom Carey