Re: Spark plug torque?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sat Jul 22 2000 - 09:19:47 EDT

At 08:59 AM 7/22/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Thanks Bob and Dester. 30 ft-lbs! Yow!

Know what you mean! I don't torque them that much though
... I use more of a 'feel' process.

>Dester said something about a gasket. Will those be included with the
>3923s or will I have to get the separate. Also, can/should I remove the
>"heat shield" completely and leave it out?

Metal gaskets are included with the plugs. I finally removed the shields
to give me a bit more slack with plug wires as I rerouted a few. Note
that I have the MP headers ... they may be farther away from the
plug boots than the stock exhaust manifolds.

Bob