Trans.Temp.Guage

From: BlakDak97@aol.com
Date: Sat Jul 22 2000 - 15:26:24 EDT

I'm planning on installing an Auto-Meter electric trans. temp. gauge in my
'97 4X4 Sport with an automatic and I was wondering if anyone has installed
one of these and if so where did you install the sending unit? The
instructions say that I may have to have a fitting welded into the pan. I
know a certified aircraft welder so getting the welding done is not a
problem, I just would rather not drop the pan if I don't have to.
I was also wondering if anyone can tell me if I can program my factory remote
for the locks so that the horn chirps when locking or unlocking with the
remote.
 Mike Rehberg
 '97 4X4 Sport V8
 Rockford, Illinois