RE: RE: Steering wheel cockeyed, gonna pull it

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Jul 23 2000 - 09:49:33 EDT

When the shops align a vehicle, they use a bar that hold the steering wheel
straight during alignment. If they didn't use it, or it came loose, take it
back to the shop where you had it aligned and have them do it right. If
it's the first time ever on an alignment, that will straighten out the
wheel...if done properly.

Adjusting the tie rods is something that is better left up to a shop unless
you have the alignment tools to check it. (A tape measure works great in
emergency cases though.)

- Bernd