Re: Which Rancho's????

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sun Jul 23 2000 - 13:35:10 EDT

> With the talk about lifts and the different Rancho shocks, have some
people
> had bad experiences with one series of Rancho's and good experiences with
> others?
> I'm pretty sure a while ago someone said the 5000's didn't work well, or
> last or something.
> I just want to hear good/bad stories for my future plans--which will
remain
> secret for the time being, aka sneaky Jon. :)

I replaced my factory shocks with Rancho RS5000's on my Dakota. I had them
on for about a year, and ALL the rubber bushings were completely shot. I
bought a urethane upgrade kit for $40, took out the old rubber bushings, and
installed these. I recently replaced the RS5000s with Bilsteins, and was
amazed how easily the Rancho shocks compressed after being on my truck for
only 3 years. I mean I could compress the piston with a little effort. In my
opinion, dont waste yourtime or money on Rancho shocks. For the money, you
can get alot of better shock.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6