Re: Re: Rancho Group Buy

From: Chris Ryan (CSRyan@teleport.com)
Date: Sun Jul 23 2000 - 21:42:37 EDT

Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 14:31:53 -0700
From: "Jason&Sarah" <Jpm699@email.msn.com>
Subject: DML: Re: Re: Rancho Group Buy

What Les Schwab did you go to? I'm in the Gresham area(Oregon) and have
one
right next to me. Do they install Body lift kits too?

Jason

I got the lift through the Schwab store here in NW Portland, just a few
blocks from my house. That's funny too because when I lived in Gresham I
was only a few blocks from Schwab out there, I was on Linden behind
Gresham High. I'm sure they do body lifts too, I asked about it at the
time and he said they did but wasn't sure about brands, he was gonna
look it up but I said I'd just look into it later, the checking account
was too dry for me to even get a quote at the time. I'm gonna take it in
tomorrow and see if they won't adjust the tie rods for me to get the
steering wheel back to center, knowing their quality of service I'm sure
they'll take care of it.

The thing I don't like about doing a body lift, on my truck anyway, is
having to find extensions for everything. I know the Performance
Accessories kit comes with f&r bumper brackets and a steering column
extension. But I have a grill/brush gaurd that would need 4 bracket
extensions that would probably have to be fab'd, and the transfer case
shifter would need something, a new small knob at least. And how about
the fuel filler tube, and brake lines and such, and wouldn't my tow
hitch hang lower, or look like it anyway? Plus, I think my next serious
mod is going to be a Shaker hood and that would need an extension too,
or the intake wouldn't poke up through the hood like it's supposed to.
As long as I can get 33"s under there after my 32"s wear out I don't
think I'll lift the body. Don't get me wrong, all the DML body lifts
I've seen look great and I'd love to have that look. It just seems like
with all the extra extensions I'd need it'd be too much of a hassle, for
me anyway.

Chris