Reverse or Standard Rotate Water Pumps?

From: brian.duffey@intelsat.int
Date: Mon Jul 24 2000 - 11:27:29 EDT

Hey DML...

If anyone can help me out with this quick question (either from FSM or
looking at truck) I'd really appreciate it! (My truck is at home, so I can't
go out & check for myself)

I need to order a new water pump, and so far the only
aftermarket/performance pump for the Mag 318 is made by FlowKooler. Only
problem is they list the pump for the 318 as a Reverse Rotation water pump.

I need to know if the stock (OEM) pump is a Standard rotation, or is the OEM
Water Pump a reverse rotation?

Need this info for: '95 318, Auto w/ A/C

Below is the excerpt from FlowKoolers page (and the link) about how to tell
the diff.

http://www.packeton.com/flowkooler/catalog.htm
 " Compare the diagrams below. Water pump pulleys running on the inside
surface of the belt indicate a Standard Rotation water pump (grooved side of
belt).
Water pump pulleys running on the outside surface of the belt indicate a
Reverse Rotation water pump (flat or smooth side of belt).
Caution: Standard and Reverse Rotation Water Pumps are not interchangeable.
When the question arises, "Is this a standard or reverse rotation water
pump?", the customer's own vehicle holds the clearest answer. Under the hood
on most late-model light trucks and automobiles, is a belt path diagram.
Locate the water pump pulley on the diagram (on the front of the engine if
you cannot find the diagram). Simply determine if the water pump is driven
by the inside or outside of the belt. "

If anybody has access to this info. I'd really appreciate the assistance!

Thanks,

Duff
'95 SLT 4x4 CC 318 4spd/OD - 3.55 LSD
MSD 6AL - MSD Blaster Coil
MSD 8.5 wires - K&N FIPK - F&B Stage I TBI
Mopar HiPo Comp - Thorley Headers - Gibson Catback Exhaust