Ping fix

From: Chris Ryan (CSRyan@teleport.com)
Date: Mon Jul 24 2000 - 20:41:49 EDT

I don't know if anyone's still having a pinging problem or not but... I
had a ping under load, hill, or crap gas until I strapped a magnnet to
the fuel line as close to the injectors as I could get it. It's been on
for about 8 mos now and no more ping, unless I use crap gas, and even
then it's pretty slight. I guess the theory is that just before the fuel
makes into the rail it passes through the magnet which disrupts the
hydogen ions so the fuel burns more completely. I don't know, that's
what the manufacturer says, it may just be smoke and mirrors but it
seems to work. I can't remember the name of the product, I got it
through JC Whitney for around $15. Next time I have the hood up I'll
check the brand name, if I remember.

Chris