Autolite Platnuims & Ping

From: Erika Ipes (msbavior@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 01:07:40 EDT

My truck WAS running really well with the Autolite plugs. Smoothed out the
rough idle, and the truck quit missing going down the road.... They have
been in for about 3 - 4 weeks now, and I actually heard the truck start to
ping again. I could barely hear it, and I don't hear it often, but that damn
ping is back. So I guess now I will just try the regular copper plugs and
see if that helps.

Anyone have any ideas why just a simple plug might bring back the ping?
Think a Jacobson or MSD Ignition would help, or make it worse? When they
reflashed my computer, they supposedly retarded the time 4 degrees. But the
truck ran to well, so I have a feeling they did more... but what I don't
know.

Thanks :)

Erika