R/T Tranny Help

From: GtRWzrd@aol.com
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 16:17:59 EDT

My truck is at the dealership being "fixed." I talked to the servie tech today and after replacing the throttle position sensor and transmission valve bodies, they cannot seem to correct the problem. The problem is that when I lightly accelerate in 3rd or 4th, the rpms jump way up and then drop repeatedly until the truck hits a higher speed. It causes a slightly jerky ride as well as terrible gas mileage on the highway (12mpg). The service tech tried to tell me that the airraid intake was the cause of the problem because the engine shifts based on air intake temp. I told him he was out of his mind and to keep working on the truck. Any of you guys know where I should tell the techs to look next?

Thanks

Aaron W