Re: Re: mikeandbernrd and supercharger/mikewhelpmeout

From: Train225@aol.com
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 21:22:11 EDT

Mike,

What kind of times are you running with your R/T? When I was in researching
this stuff, I couldn't find anyone running a procharger, so I went with the
Vortec kit. As you know, the kit comes complete with the injectors in the
air hat and the timing retard, what it is lacking is an intercooler. Anyway,
I have horrible 60 foot times, (I have a 5 speed) 2.1 average, but it has
still managed to run a 13.5 at just over 104. I get 9 psi and no detonation.

<< Mmmm I think you are talking about my truck.. I saw your post asking about
 SuperChargers.. I'm running a ProCharger, normal driving around I run 6 psi.
 I've run it at 9 psi, but I'm real close detonation. Golden West has an
 updated fuel system that is suppose to cure the problem, just waiting on
 them to machine a couple parts for me. The updated system would be part of
 the kit, along with a custom computer flash. Prices have gone up due to the
 flash and extensive fuel system modification, but it will run really well. I
 been working with a guy in Hawaii that has a Kenne-Bell on this fuel system
 mod. His is running fairly well, he gets fantastic 60 foot times, in the 1.8
 range, but then falls flat on it face on the upper end, he is only able to
 turn high 14's due to detonation. As far as the powerdyne goes, for the
 money it is a great system, you will probably have to buy a btm to go with
 it to prevent pinging. Also running it above 6 psi will reduce it's life
 substantially. I've helped a couple guys out locally with Votex systems. It
 seems to be the most complete kit, and runs good right away. There is one
 issue that I have with it. They spray two 50 pound injectors into the TB
 hat. This seems like a good solution on the fuel system. But I have seen
 what happens when you blow out the TB hat gasket, you end up spraying gas in
 the engine compartment. You also don't know if the extra gas is being evenly
 distributed to all cylinders.

 If you are interested in the ATI system. I will be putting a group but
 together shortly. I have basically put it on hold until I can test the new
 fuel system and make sure it performs as advertised. It will be a
 substantial discount over direct list price for the system.

 I know about those headaches my friend.. hope this helps.. I'm still getting
 them now and again..

 Mike Williams
 00 Blk R/T RC - ProCharged and more
 http://mid-mich-mopars.org/daks.htm >>