Re: Re: Re: RE: Re: Re: Scott Miller

From: Ptturbo@aol.com
Date: Wed Jul 26 2000 - 01:09:18 EDT

> > as for power, you would probably be a lot happier with the carb. if you
> buy
> > something cpu powered what are the chances you can tear into it and fix
> > it??? you can easlily work on a carb, with a lot less headaches

That was my exact mindset in 1980....
Times have changed. Although carbs haven't ...
I'm not a big fan of TBI, but port injection brings a wealth
of possibilties with very few drawbacks, once you understand
the basics of an EFI system. There is no carb that can give you
the tailoring of fuel at specific RPM/Load points like an EFI
system can. It is just something you need to learn to compete
effectively in open classes, IMO. With a port system, you don't
have to worry about fuel mixture fall-out on the way to the cylinder,
because the fuel is supplied at the back side of the intake valve.
Fuel takes volume...Another "plus" of a dry manifold is approx 8%
greater airflow, because the fuel isn't present until the intake valve.
Lots of other strongpoints for injection.
Mike V
BTW, my MG Midget still has a carb.

In a message dated 7/25/00 4:21:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time, bernd@texas.net