Re: I think I can, I think I can.....

From: Hemikota@aol.com
Date: Wed Jul 26 2000 - 16:42:20 EDT

In a message dated 7/25/00 9:26:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tommyv@thecia.net writes:

<< I believe this was discussed recently? But lately when I start my Dak
 up, it stumbles really bad like it wants to stall! Idling around 100 or
 so. Sometimes it catches and revs up and settles into normal idle speed
 (700 or so). Other times I have to switch it off and restart and it's
 fine??
 I just bought a new TPS but haven't installed it yet, I can't remember
 if this was the fix or not though?

Ahh, the Cam Fairy has paid you a visit! My 4.7 is doing it too. Sounds
like you have a decent cam in it then it revs up and everything is fine.
Except it gets worse and today mine almost stalled. For some it was the TPS,
my 92 318 did it until I put a new one in. John Burgan's, on his 96 318,
stopped when he put a new 02 sensor in. I think some one else had a bad map
sensor that was causing it.
Try the TPS since you have one. Also pull the IAC motor and clean the port.
Dont push in the spring, just clean the area where it sits.
Hope this helps
Boog