Autolite 3293 Question.... Please help?!?!?

From: stevie.o@excite.com
Date: Wed Jul 26 2000 - 16:43:51 EDT

Well I finally did it!!! I got down and dirty and cracked those champions
out of my 318. My first time ( virgin ) I think I did pretty good, my
hands are still in good shape, barely any blood, no deep gouges, it only
took my 2:20 start to finish, including the hour time I let it cool down
after burning myself on the first two plugs, Now the big question!!!!

HELP???
I put in 3293's autolites after many recomends off this list ( I'm a
lurker, listening to everything ) I gapped them @ .043, I'm trying for
better fuel economy, I am going to do the Brass Cap and Rotor (borg) and
Wires (taylor) this weekend, but I just fired up my truck and WOW, idel
is very rough!!! I only drove her about a mile around the block, and she
pulls like a champ, and all that truck "sound" is back, more vocal.
I was having a minor PING problem, I had noticed it creeping in in the last
7K.
I disconected the computer, only did the plugs, Im poss that they are wired
correct (labled the wires first)
What do you think????? Gapped to big?? Need wires, rotor, cap???
I got 23K on the 318, Auto, air, home air Airaid, no other mods!!!!!
PLEASE HELP,
Do plugs need a break in period???

stevie.o@excite.com
99 SLT+ CC 4x4 318 3:92 Em Grn