Re: 24 lb. injectors

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Jul 27 2000 - 08:44:46 EDT

At 08:15 AM 7/27/00 -0400, you wrote:
>I met this dude at the dragstrip that had a pretty cool Dak but was having
>problems with mods he was making ( M-1 intake, 24 lb. injectors, Mopar
>com.etc.) I'm not sure what his deal was but he's was selling the intake and
>injectors, both are brand new so I bought the injectors for a $100.00. I was
>told there color coded and I was wondering if anyone has tried 24's and what
>there impressions were good or bad . Thanks all Sam South

I've tried the 24# with 3 different computers ('97 OE, '96 MP PCM, custom
programmed on a '96 MP PCM) and 2 different intakes (stock and MPI).
On my truck, the 24# felt stronger at part throttle but, anytime I went
to WOT, the motor bogged badly.

The part throttle with the custom computer (calibrated for 30# but retarded
at WOT for SC or juice) was truly awesome (but you have to accept 80-90
mpg (CDN gallon size) on half a tank of gas (large size tank).

Best that I could tell from scanner readings was that the 24# were too rich
at WOT for my motor (have not heard of this problem from others who have
24#).

Bob. Ont, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC, 5.2L, 4x2, 3.92 SG, auto., 4265 lb.
PB: 14.737 @ 91.75 9.364 @ 72.95