Re: Diesel stuff explination

From: frank golembieski (editzero@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jul 28 2000 - 04:21:45 EDT

ok the engine that you were talking about was a
reworked v8 and a bad idea your right not many people
like that engine it is a 4 cycle diesel make by chevy
but the detroit even know it is another name for a GM
diesel is a whole different story Detroits are 2 cycle
diesel with only exasust valves no intake valves the
air enters throught the bottom of the cylinder through
holes in the bottom for the cylinder sleve the
preasure of the air behind this is made my a blower (
just like a B&M ) the incomming air pushes the exaust
gasses out when the cylinder is at the bottom of its
stroke at the same time the exaust valves open and the
blower pushes the fresh air in the clyinder at the
same time so every time the cylinder comes up to TDC
the engine fires ( what we had was a failer to
communicate you were thinking GM pickup ) the diesel
in the pickups are just like your standard v8 for the
exception that they fire on 300 lbs of compression