Flames, snobs, females - degradation of DML

From: James Marchetti (villadrive@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 28 2000 - 09:57:45 EDT

Well, like most lists, there are always going to be people who don't get the
idea. They just want some place to bang their drum and complain and never
give any valuable input. Usually, these people have little or no real social
life and have resolved themselves to thinking that they are above most
social circles. Then, they begin to act foolish and do stupid stuff like
have lengthy debates on the meaning of R/T - and who really cares? - or bash
someone for making an honest mistake or typo. These are the same people who
typically are good candidates for PHD programs since PHD's typically are so
engrossed with themselves they forget there is a world of people out there
that are all different and varied.

*** OOPS - It looks like I might be violating exactly what I am complaining
about, but what the heck - the list is no longer a place for Dakota
discussions anyway... I am certain there will be many choice replies to this
"Flame of the flamers", but it needs to be said and hopefully those who
aren't really interested in discussing Dakotas will go to some newsgroup
like -

alt.i.like.to.flame.people.because.i.am.a.dork.and.am.applying.for.a.phd.program.and.i.am.practicing.on.the.DML.list

(nothing personal if you have a PHD - just my opinion and observation)

Sadly, DML has fallen into that same pit. It is unfortunate and since so
many people have decided to use this list for OTDRD (Other Than Dakota
Related Discussion) I have decided to not read the DML mailings. I will miss
the few people who are truly Dakota fans and have shared their experiences
and knoweldge un-begrudgingly and have actually added value to this list.
Thanks to all of you - you know who you are because you have never FLAMED
anyone or gotten off the beaten path of Dakota-ism.

I hope that someday this list becomes a place of valuable information and
resources relating to ALL Dakotas, not just plain ones, non-R/T's, etc.

A Dakota is a Dakota is a Dakota...

So long,
Jim