Re: Re: SPANK SPANK SPANK (really re-powering a 1992)

From: rsuter@bizfon.com
Date: Fri Jul 28 2000 - 09:46:36 EDT

>>newish < 5k mile motor/tranny, which, of course, I would not find in a
>>1992
>>compatible 1995. I guess I'll just have to go buy a new one! Anyone on
>>the list
>>want to sell a 98+ SLT, 4x4, V8, auto, CC, power, ac, tilt, cruise in
>>two-tone
>>Intense Blue over driftwood? Not to picky, am I?<<

>just have the 5.2 rebuilt =) for a little over 2grand I've got a 360 with
>400+ hp at the crank waitin' to be put in my Dak =)

>- -mike d.

I am certainly entertaining this idea, but I've always have serious doubts about
rebuilt automatic transmissions. (the ailing
tranny is what has started this). Too many times I've seen rebuilt trannies die
*again* at far too low a mileage, like 10-40k.
Have I just seen units rebuilt by people that don't know what they are doing?
And if not, a *new* unit is 2k++ which brings the
price up towards 5k with an engine rebuild. Incidentals should add another 1k.
$6,000 is a chunk of money to pour into a
driver that already has 172k on the clock. If I was building a toy 6k would be
nothing, but for a driver?