Re: MSD MPG Test; Part II

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Jul 28 2000 - 11:28:30 EDT

> whats the part number on the MSD iginition?

I am using the MSD 6-Offroad Ignition, PN#6470. To install the box, I used
MSD's Universal Wiring Harness, PN#8873. This is the ONLY way I would
suggest to wire up your box, this way, if it dies, or you want to run the
'stock' ignition, it only takes 10 seconds to unplug the MSD box and plug
back in the stock system. It all uses weathertight connectors with rubber
accordian type seals. The spark plug wires are MSD 8.5MM Super Conductors,
PN#32189....these are meant for a 94-97 V8 Ram, so I just have to left over
for spares in my tool box. Be sure to use a good dist. cap and rotor, I
highly recomment Borg Warner Select Ignition products, like their Brass
Dist. Cap and Rotor. Autolite Coppers seem to be the best plug for me, plus
they are dirt cheap.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6