Re: Gonna beat Murphy's head in....

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Fri Jul 28 2000 - 22:29:46 EDT

According to the DML trouble code page, a "42" could result from:

An open or shorted condition detected in the fuel pump relay control
circuit.
An open or shorted condition detected in the auto shutdown relay circuit.
An open condition detected in the auto shutdown relay output circuit.
Open circuit between BCM and fuel gauge sending unit.
No movement of fuel level sender detected.

* Check Engine Lamp (MIL) will not illuminate when this code is stored

Don't know if this helps, but I thought I might throw it out ;-)

Chuck Robbins
'99 Dakota Sport
http://www.members.home.com/clrobbins/dakota.htm