My Dakota,by Steve P.

From: Steve Preston (steve318@webtv.net)
Date: Sun Jul 30 2000 - 14:01:43 EDT

Like the song says,"I want to Thank you,thank you.Thank you,thank
you.Thank you........well,you`ve heard it.Not hard to remember that
song,unfortunately.Well,I know I need to check the MAP sensor because I
took the wrong road yesterday,and I didn`t even get a "check engine"
light :>) But seriously,folks.Yes,the brakes only lock up during the
first brake attempt of the day,normally after a rain.If I remember to
ride them lightly before I stop,then they don`t lock up.Maybe they rust
overnight.Maybe non-metallic pads will fix it?Aluminum rotors?This
problem about got me hit by three lanes of traffic once.I was at
work,and we got some sleet that day.When I left,I drove through the
parking lot and attempted to ease up to the edge to wait for a break in
traffic.I didn`t ease.I shuddered violently and locked up,and started
sliding toward traffic.Thinking uncharacteristically quick,I averted
certain death by use of my steering wheel.On the point of harsh reverse
engagement,I agree that it`s probably nothing to worry about.Not crazy
about it,but I can live with it.I CANNOT live with the power
loss,though.I refuse to suckle the breast of inadequacy!!!!! Lol! Gotta
fix that. Steve P.