RE: Mazda RX 7 Rotary Engine

From: Slakies (Slakie@erols.com)
Date: Sun Jul 30 2000 - 17:38:54 EDT

Dester - I have a 16 year old Rotary RX 7, which I have had since it was
new, in addition to my new Dak. Although it is not a turbo it is the first
year they had the 13B engine. My rotary runs like a champ and I have had
less maintenance problems than any car or truck I have ever had. I am also
on an RX 7 mailing list and everything I've read from that list indicates
that the older RX 7s are less prone to maintenance problems. I know of
several RX7s from the mid 80's that have been turbo charged and run really
strong. Parts availability is not a problem as they are still available
both from Mazda and independent sources for my 84 RX7 GSL-SE.

Ron
Springfield, VA