Re: 2001 Dakota Interior Spy Shots

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sun Jul 30 2000 - 17:55:20 EDT

>>>turn knob on right side of steering
>>>wheel for 4 wheel engagement

Are you serious??????? I really hope Dodge doesnt go to a 'Ford push button'
type of 4WD. Electrical 4WD always seem to more prone to problems and
engagement problems, as well as not being really built for offroad use. I
can see it now, "Gee, I turned the control know over to 4HI, the 4HI
indicator light is on, how come I am stuck....."
I would never ever buy a 4WD vehicle, of any type, which uses a 'turn style'
or 'push button' type of 4WD engagement system. What is wrong with the good
ole' NP231 tcases? They are probably using a frigin Borg Warner/Ford tcase,
grrr. I need to be able to pull the lever back and feel the tcase engage,
not rely on an electrical button to tell me I am in 4WD. Oh well, looks like
I will have my Dak forever now! I was really going to start looking next
year, and possibly trading in for a brand new one. Definitely not now. Next
thing Dodge will get rid of the solid front axle on Ram trucks in favor of a
more 'street orientated' IFS. There goes the neighborhood!
Well I guess this link confirms that Dodge will be using an electronic
tcase:
http://car-truck.com/chryed/buzz/b060800.htm

Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6