new member with question

From: Lee Clifton (lclifton@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 23:45:02 EDT

hi all,

  I joined this list because I am about to buy a Dakota (since the test
drive I fell in love!) While looking at the dealership I
noticed something that I'm sure you must have discussed here before but
I have to bring it up. All Dakotas (at least 2000s)
seem to have the rear end offset towards the right side of the truck,
when I noticed this during a walk around I almost
flipped. How could this new truck have such a (flaw? discrepancy?
mistake?) in it's construction? While it kinda bugs me it
makes me feel good that they all seem to be that way. Anyone who can
tell me why this is ...thanks in advance.

Lee

The truck I am looking to buy is a 2000 club cab, bright white sport
plus w/ 15x8 wheels and 255/65/15s. V6 and mist gray
interior too; I hope it all works out!