Re: air hat for 94 3.9

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 00:07:20 EDT

> i am wanting to build a cold air intake but the stock intake doesnt have
> the air box up front.
> it has a flex tube from the grill up to a large (18") round air filter
> cover with an oval shaped inlet on the passenger side.
> like one that went on older style cars. my 75 plymouth had one this
> style.
> is this the original intake for a 94?
> my 90 2.5 had the airbox style intake.
> either way i need one and will be looking at some salvage yards here in
> town but dont think i will find much.
> does anyone have some other style of air hat they want to part with?
> thanks.

I built a custom dual cold air intake system, using the round stock air
filter housing. Pulls really hard on the highway and speeds over 45ish. I am
also using a QuickD TB and an Amsoil 2Stage Hi-Flow Air Filter. I would
suggest something like I did, nice and cheap! Take a look at the pics:
http://www.bastaards.org/Kyle.htm
Kyle..............Real Dakotas Are Built, Not Bought