Re: 2001 t-case info!!!

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 13:04:25 EDT

> I definitely agree with that. I can't believe they think people
> really want this. We must have missed the issue of "He Drove, She
> Drove" where what's-her-face got into some snow flurries in a 4x4 Dak
> and broke a nail trying to shift into 4hi.
>
> Apparently DC's marketing department assumes that those of us who
> actually use 4x4s as 4x4s are supposed to stick with Jeep.
>
> No, wait, I almost forgot, they're f*cking up the Jeeps by putting
> independent suspensions in them. We can debate the relative merits
> of stock independent suspension vs. stock solid axles until we all
> have carpal tunnel syndrome, but the fact remains that solid axles
> are easier and cheaper to put a suspension lift on. Period. Don't
> believe me? Go price lift kits for Dakotas. Now price a couple of
> Jeep kits. It's disgusting.
>
> Man, what a depressing time to be a fan of Chrysler 4x4s (Jeep and
> Dodge). I think it was last week I learned about the Jeeps. Now I
> find out that they've screwed up my beloved Dakota by putting a
> forsaken electric switch on the transfer case.
>
> There aren't going to be any hard-core 4x4 vehicles left in a couple
> of years, are there? If I weren't so broke, I'd go order a 2001 TJ.
> Just because this could be history's last opportunity to buy a new
> compact 4x4 with solid axles and the incredible upgrade potential
> offered by the TJ.
>
> Don't get me wrong, I love my Dak and I've been really impressed with
> how well it does off-road, but I'm not naive enough to think it's
> ever (not even modified) going to keep up with a built-up TJ on a
> trail like the Rubicon. Jeep can talk all they want to about how all
> of their future vehicles will be able to take the Rubicon stock
> (which is impressive enough), but we all know that they take bypasses
> and don't do a lot of the optional stuff. I've seen pictures of
> spots that no stock Grand Cherokee is ever going to get through
> without getting totaled.
>
> Anyone know when they're bringing the Scrambler back? If they do
> that before they go to independent suspension, I'm going to have a
> hard time controlling myself. A solid-axle Scrambler would be mighty
> tempting. My biggest complaint about the TJ is that there's no place
> to carry all my junk.
>
> Too bad I can't afford several vehicles. Every time I think of
> putting a For Sale sign on the Dak, I feel sick to my stomach. Guess
> I'd better take really good care of it, because there aren't going to
> be any good replacements left in a few years.

Jason,
I totally agree with you 100%, especially if they were to ever make a 2002
Scrambler with a Magnum V8 in it, stout solid front/rear diffs, factory
warranty, man oh man......now that is one vehicle I would go into debt for.
I acutally looked around alot for a Scrambler, but found nothing in my area
which didnt need $7500 worth of repair work. Solid front axle trucks are
simply great, hands down. That will be the demise of Chrysler.......IFS in a
TJ........I really hope not.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6