Re: All fixed?

From: Doug Fedeli (rdf@eznet.net)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2000 - 09:26:52 EDT

I had the same problem a few years back. It died while I was driving. The
harness going to the computer corroded and not firing the coil. That was with
about 95000 miles on the truck. I asked the mechanic if there was a way to
prevent it and he said that in this climate (upstate NY) with all the salt and
crap they put on the roads in the winter it's tough to prevent. Also they
replaced the distributor bushing and drive gear. The bushing was shaped like an
egg and the dist. drive gear teeth were ground down like knife edges. These are
common on high mileage Daks.

Doug Fedeli