Re:Next Mod

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2000 - 13:52:01 EDT

Ken:

FWIW, the Gibson catback was the second mod to my 318 (5.2L) and I really
noticed a big improvement in throttle response with it.. If I were in
your position, I would get the Mopar Performance computer (if there is
one for your truck, I know there was quite a delay in releasing a
performance computer for hte '97s and I believe, even now, only certain
configurations are covered) before doing anything else. This is the
biggest "bang for the buck" out there and it will enhace the mods you
make in the future, i.e., catback, headers, ported tb, etc.

Buene suerte,

Richard in San Antonio

On Mon, 31 Jul 2000 18:22:28 -0400 "Ken Allgood" <kenallgood@home.com>
writes:
> snip<
> Anyway, right now only mods I have are a soft tonneau and a Quick-D
> intake.
> I'd like to get a few more mods to help increase performance (but
> not lose
> MPG). Would Gibson (or other) exhaust be the next item on the to-do
> list?
> Pro's/con's? Would like to spend a couple hundred here and there on
> it, but
> not like a SC or anything :-) I can do most basic work, but not a
> great
> mechanic :-)
>
> Thanks!
> Ken Allgood
> 97 cc SLT 5.2L (Quick-D, Soft Tonneau, more to come!)

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.