Re: Opinions on the Dakota Quad Cab

From: Jack Paulson (cybermail1@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 09:54:51 EDT

Tom,
This is a great truck. So far I've only had one
problem - one of the weather strips wasn't glued on
fully. The only other change I would like to see is
adjustable rear head rests - unless you're a child
your head is going to hit the rear window glass in an
accident. A larger storage area under the rear seats.

What I should have added was a moon roof.

Good low end torque.
comfort great - I like the bench seats - it's a truck!

Mileage - City (Atlanta) 18
Highway 21 - 22 @ 65

I'm also courious what the actual milage for the 4.7
is.

0 - The Truck - Mileage: 4500
2000 Quad Cab 4X4-Sport
- V-6
- Automatic
- Sports Plus Package - 31X10.5 tires
- Limited Slip Rear Diff. - 3.55
- Trailer Tow Group, HD Package, Skid Plates
0 - Added:
- Airaid air filter
- Flowmaster 3 chamber
- Steel Horse Torneau cover
- Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm wires
- Autolite Double Platinum Spark Plugs
- Throttle Boddy - removed air horns, added new TB
bolts
- Cool Tape around air filter and A/C tubes
- Cut holes in plastic behind grill to get more air
  to air filter