street scenes speed grill

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (patrickandkelly@erols.com)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 19:56:22 EDT

I'm still confused! Someone said that Gen I and Gen II speed grilles
referred to Dakotas and Rams. Going back to Street Scene's website,
here is a quick sum of their chart-
  97-99 models have a different grille insert than any 2000 model.
  97-2000 have 2 choices for lower valance inserts, and the 97-2000 Gen
I part # is the same, and the
            97-2000 Gen II is the same part #

This leads me to think that there was a change in the grill for Y2K.
Can anyone confirm this. Then, it sounds like
there are 2 valances. Maybe 1 with and 1 without foglights? Does
anyone know of the difference between any
valances?
  Also, on their site, the Dakota Sport that they show has square
foglights. Is this an aftermarket valance, or did Dodge go from square
to round foglights?
Patrick