Poor boy finally completed!!!

From: David Albrecht (patch@cdsinet.net)
Date: Sun Aug 06 2000 - 17:41:44 EDT

Well I finally got it all installed today. I ended up just coming off =
the flex tubing (that is attached to the air hat) with a 90 degree =
straight 3" piece of PVC. I drilled out a hole in the bottom and =
screwed in a small plastic nipple that has the hose barb on one end. =
This seemed to fit perfectly with the K&N RE-0920 filter. The truck =
does seem to perform better overall especially over 1000rpm. It shifts =
down a little harder and quicker when you punch it when driving through =
town. There is the noticible growl at the engine rev's up when you get =
onto it...sounds kinda nice...almost like the exhaust is more "throaty" =
from the inside of the cab. I guess the next move is a Flowmaster =
muffler. I will probably get the 2 chamber version. The stock pipe is =
2.25 inches....should I got with a 2.5 inch muffler to lessen the flow =
even more than the 2.25 inch ones... =20

Thanks...

David Albrecht
Missouri