4.7L Oil Filter Relocation Experiences

From: Robert Meredith (rmeredith@pa.net)
Date: Sun Aug 06 2000 - 16:47:08 EDT

Well, I took my 4.7L apart today to install the oil filter relocation kit.
What a pain in the a$$! There was only one place to mount it, on the inside
of the frame rail (same side as the filter). I had to take the plastic
shield (piece with the door in it to access the oem oil filter) off. In the
process of removing it, I broke it! Is there anyone that has a spare that I
can have? What about the front skid plate? How much?

Well, I thought I would let everyone know. If you are going to do this,
prepare to spend some time on it. It is HARD getting a drill up in there.

-robert