Oil Pressure Light

From: Andrew McHorney (andrewmchorney@home.com)
Date: Sun Aug 06 2000 - 21:26:28 EDT

I have an interesting question.

I have a 1995 V8 Dakota with 85,000 miles. Today when I got off the
freeway, my oil light came on. I gunned the engine and it went off. The oil
pressure was in the normal range ( close to the left middle line) and the
crankshaft is full. I stopped to check the oil level on my own and at a
nearby oil change place and the fluid is full. Then the light did not come
on for the next 2 miles to work. I had no problems going home. An
interesting note is that the truck stalled once a few weeks ago just the
one time.

My first thought was the oil pump or the fact that maybe the truck was
going to stall. I am running with 30 weight oil and it is very warm in San
Diego.

Besides the oil pump wearing, what else could be the cause.

Thanks,
Andrew