Power Steering problems

From: Wesley Beck (dakotaslt99@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Aug 06 2000 - 21:31:14 EDT

Has anybody had any problems with their power steering pump? I noticed that
I lose my power steering when I am not moving. It is very hard to turn the
wheel and the pump makes a loud grinding noise when I try to turn it. I
have also noticed that I have a whine coming from the engine when I
accelerate. It sounds almost like engine noise from the speakers, yet it is
coming from the engine. Think it could also be caused by the power steering
pump? This is an a 99 5.2L with 14500 miles, so it will be back at the
dealer.

Wesley Beck