Re: Decal Removal

From: Preacher (preacher@carolina.rr.com)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 17:06:42 EDT

At 10:47 AM 8/7/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>I removed the stock decals from the Dak this weekend. The stickers on the
>doors and tailgate came off relatively easy with a heat gun and Goo Gone.
>The question that I have is, do the V8 emblems come off the same
>way? When I looked at them they seem to be attached a different way then
>the rest of the stickers. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

They come off the same way but be forewarned.. there are two holes under
the emblem! The back of the emblem has 2 prongs on it and they fit into two
holes in the body. When I removed mine I was really annoyed..LOL
Since I broke one getting it off I had to go find something to cover up the
holes. I ended up using the rams head hood emblem from a Ram van (slightly
smaller than the Dak hood emblem and without the chrome around it, just the
insert peice)

Preacher
99 1/2 CC 4x4 SLT+ Redneck/Truck
http://www.bastaards.org