Re: RE: ABS Brakes-Depress Pedal Hard If You Got 'Em...or NOT

From: Doug Fedeli (rdf@eznet.net)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 22:16:11 EDT

The reason for the rear only ABS is so the brakes can be set for max power with
a full load in the bed. If there was no ABS on the rear the options are the rear
locks when the bed isn't loaded to the max or you don't have the best brakes
when loaded. My truck before the Dak was a Nissan (stop laughing, I've obviously
smartened up)and it had a proportioning valve that changed the rear brake bias
based on how much the rear squatted wit a load. I've seen older trucks that
don't have either sliding the rear ends around in the rain and snow. I feel my
ABS kick in alot in the snow.

Doug Fedeli