Re: Who is doing the road tests?

From: Donny M Hayes (donny_m_hayes@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 11:03:47 EDT

Actually those don't sound all that far off to me...

If your CC ran a 15.2 (my 4.7 CC ran about that when
stock too), then 15.8 for a QuadCab isn't that bad.
QC probably is at least a couple hundred pounds
heavier so that is going to hurt..also, we have no way
of knowing what rear axle they had in the
tester/outside temp/etc.

16 for a 00 RT seems a little slow...but again not
knowing weather conditions or track conditions? Plus,
from talking to other RT owners (had a 98 before the
towing fiasco buyback) I noted that there could be
huge differences in performance. My 98 RT CC would
run 14.9s without problem. My friends 99 RT Reg Cab
has never seen lower than 15.18. He's had his in the
shop several times but I guess there's just that much
difference between some engines/transmissions.

On top of that, I read somewhere that when they do
these tests they call up a dealership in advance and
tell them what type vehicle they want. I read on one
of the Chevy F-Body web sites that the reason the
Fords usually test out on the fast side is that when
the Ford dealership MT normally uses gets a request,
they hook up the old computer and 'optimize' it. Maybe
Dodge just gives them one straight off the line...
That info is from a chevy internet site though..so
could be true could be false.