Re: Exhaust

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 00:58:36 EDT

>>Hey, i'm new to the list. I'm thinkin about gettin daul exhausts and i

wondered if i should go with a gibson or a flowmaster system<<

welcome fellow 6er!!

The real question is, do you want a true dual (meaning 2 mufflers) or
just a dual exit. For a 6er, I would recommend a 2.5" single in/dual out
muffler, then have the tailpipes custom bend to exit the way you want.
Cat-back kits are convenient, but tend to be pricey and all of them are
3", which is too big for a V6 (learned that the hard way). As far as
muffler choices, you have a lot. Flowmaster is substantially louder than
Gibson, but IMHO Flowmaster sounds like crap on a 6er. I would say go
with a Borla or Gibson because they are quiter and deeper. They sound
more mellow, where the Flowmaster sounds raspy at Wide Open Throttle...

-mike d.

miggitymike@juno.com
http://surf.to/Project13s
PROJECT 13's ----> slammed 88 Dakota, 360 swap in progress!!

      "support your local economy... lower your truck"

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.