Re: Nice article on the 5.7L Hemi

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 01:26:57 EDT

dakotademon94@yahoo.com writes:

<< Why exactly was MOPAR kicked out of NASCAR? I've heard
a lot about this, but no specifics. I'm too young to
have seen them compete before, so I'm just glad that I
will get a chance to see some real cars race. :) Seth

Back in the True Hey Day of MOPARs and NASCAR. As Ma MOPAR came out with new
innovations that made them win.. They just rewrote the rules.. 426 HEMI
hits the track.. About 2 years later the engine size for HEMIs was limited
to around 305 cid. Then came the Dodge Daytonas and Plymouth Superbirds.. Ru
led as too exotic {YEAH! Especially with a HEMI in it...} I've run across
many old articles in magazines and have several books on Chrysler that
chronicle all that Chrysler went through in racing.. Be some interesting
research for you sometime to look into. Aggravating.. but still interesting
Aaron
95 Dakota Sport
86 Shelby Charger Turbo