Subject: Re: Gen II headlamp conversions (project cheap)

From: Tim Costello (v8magrt@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 13:24:53 EDT

Hi all,
I put the headlamps and grill on a 91 which is the same front as the 96....
As for pictures I'll have to take the digtail camera home this weekend if
you really want that... And someone else asked about cost... Well a friend
had the side bezels (chrome and new) those were free...And the headlamps I
purchased from a salvage yard for $90.00 for the pair, they were $100 each
new at the dealer. The grill cost me 100.00 from the dealer I could have
go this from the junk yard and it would have been cheaper.... So I'm in to
it for about 190.00 for the whole setup...

Here's what I have the truck so far....
$800 truck V6/auto 3:55 gear 250.000 miles very little rust
$200 wheels 95-95 chrome steel wheels
$free Bucket seats and door panels from a friend from a 96
$200 Grill/headlamps
$65 Instrument cluster

$1265....So far and it runs! After the instument cluster I'm in the process
of getting a 360 for it....

Catch ya guys later,

Tim