RE: 4WD: Tire Sizing/Fitment

From: brian.duffey@intelsat.int
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 13:26:41 EDT

Kyle,

On my '95 CC/V8/4x4 I've been running 30x9.5s since it was a year old. They
look a bit meatier then the stock 235's, and like you mentioned, work w/out
any problems or changes to torsion bars, etc.

Two suggestions:
1) If you are buying new wheels, get a 15x8. This way if you decide on the
31x10.5, you'll have a little better fit than you will on the 7 inch wheel.
Also, means you are set if you get the lift & want to get even bigger tires
later (33's). Sure you could put a 33 on a 7in. wheel, but its not a
recommended approach!
2) Look into some tires that are taller, but not too much wider. The width
seems to be the main issue with clearance on the Gen II's, plus since you
live in a snowy region, realize that narrow tires are actually more
effective in snow than super-wides.

For tires, no question: BFG All Terrain KO, I strayed from these once (the
current POS Bridgestone's) and will be putting BFG's back on this fall (also
getting set for hunting season).

Let me know what you find out.

Duff
'95 SLT 4x4 CC 318 4spd/OD - 3.55 LSD
MSD 6AL - MSD Blaster Coil
MSD 8.5 wires - K&N FIPK - F&B Stage I TBI
Mopar HiPo Comp - Thorley Headers - Gibson Catback Exhaust