Re: Attn: Preacher

From: Preacher (preacher@carolina.rr.com)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 17:50:59 EDT

At 01:09 PM 8/11/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>Hey, Igot the DML sticker. Thanks, it looks cool. I'm
>gonna put it on after work today. Any tips on putting
>it on? I didn't realize that it was more than 1 piece.
>I'll try to follow the instructions, but any
>suggestions would help. Thanks Seth

Makes sure the window is perfectly clean. Vinegar and water works well.

Then spray the alchohol & water mixture liberally! LOTS !

Position the sticker and use a hard rubber squeegee to get all the extra
water out. I use an old plastic spatula with the handle gone..

After you have gotten as much of the water out as possible, use your finger
to outline each section and push any additional water out from under the vinyl.

Lightly dry any standing water around the paper and slowly peel back the
paper. Watch the small bits, sometimes they want to stick.

Now again, run your finger over each section to make sure they are sticking
properly and force any air bubbles towards the edge. Large bubbles can be
lanced with a needle and as it drys they will shrink.

DO NOT, under any circumstances, wash that window for 48 hrs. Rain won't
hurt it but any chemicals may cause problems.

Hope this helps!

Preacher
99 1/2 CC 4x4 SLT+ Redneck/Truck
http://www.bastaards.org