Re: RE: Power windows(MARTY)

From: Marty Galyean (mgalyean@acm.org)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2000 - 11:40:40 EDT

SEMIHEMI01@aol.com wrote:

> Hey Marty, you just hit upon the most logical explaination of all. At 12
> volts just a little extra resistance makes a lot of difference.

Especially for electric motors which can present quite a current suck; the
higher the current, the greater the voltage drop. Like drinking coffee through
one of those hollow coffee swizzles rather than a regular straw. Not that
I would ever drink coffee through a straw, though I have been known to make use
of a pipe now and then in Java code, its really not the same thing.