Re: Bilstein vs. Edelbrock

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2000 - 17:43:16 EDT

    Well, I would have to say go with the Bilsteins. I have heard nothing
but good things about them. I have had two sets of Edelbrock IAS shocks
on my Dak. The first set went after about 2000 miles. The second set was
a little better (and a noticeable improvement over stock), but the
Edelbrocks certainly aren't the cure all shock like they claim. Also,
Edelbrock's front shocks either need the lower holes reamed out or one
of the bolts cross threaded
    For the cost of the Edelbrocks, you can pick up a set of Bilsteins and
still have money left over for a rear sway bar.

Chuck Robbins
'99 Intense Blue Dakota Sport
www.intense99dak.com