Re: RE: Power windows

From: Tim J Koth (Tim.J.Koth@aexp.com)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2000 - 17:36:34 EDT

Dang digest mode!! Now I get to where Marty hit the nail on the head....

Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 22:16:42 -0700
From: Marty Galyean <mgalyean@acm.org>
Subject: Re: DML: RE: Power windows

Do you mean when you are using the drivers side buttons for both windows?

Easy, the wires from the switches are longer going to the passenger side.
Wires
have resistance that increases by length so less voltage reaches the motor on
the passenger side when using the drivers side switch. If you had the drivers
side switch for the passenger window instead control some relays on the
passenger side that then controlled the passenger window using the 12V
available
on that side for the pass. side switch then the voltage would be more evenly
matched.

Of course I just pulled this entire explanation out of my butt so it could be
wrong. You can test by using the switch nearest each window and compare.

Marty