Re: Maximum Voltage

From: Marty Galyean (mgalyean@acm.org)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2000 - 22:11:17 EDT

You might consider welding cable by the foot. I have a camping deep
cycle in the shell that I hooked up with a battery isolater and about 15
feet of 4 gauge welding cable. Can't remember the cost (I got 20' for
an amount so reasonable I can't recall it) it is *much* cheaper than
off the shelf battery cables foot for foot and its _better_ as it has
more, but finer, strands so is more flexible and has rubber insulation
instead of some variety of plastic/vinyl and so is better able to handle
rough duty. Try a welding supply. Get some quality terminals to hook
it up. I don't think you will be disappointed.